Healthy Relationships Seminar in SPANISH
Saturday, September 28th from 8 am – 5 pm Granite Springs Church will host a seminar for the Hispanic community in Placer County – Within Our Reach 8 Hours. To register, contact Claudia Villa at (916) 595-1832 or Claudiaog@gmail.com.
Seminar includes participant materials, lunch, and playcare.
Granite Springs Church
1170 E. Joiner Parkway, Lincoln, CA <<< map link
Saturday, September 28
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Within Our Reach – 8 hours
This seminar is for singles, dating, engaged and married couples.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers participants to:
• Learn to replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
• Explore creative ways to work as a team to nurture and support each other.
• Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship
• Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
• Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
• Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment.
What’s Unique About Within Our Reach – 8 Hours?
Time is short. participants and facilitators are looking to make the most of the little time they have and 8 hour seminar is helping them do just that. This curriculum pares down the bare essentials of Within Our Reach and delivers the skeletal frame of the same engaging curriculum in less time.
Within Our Reach – 8 hours includes over 22 activities & moves away from the traditional lecture format to help engage busy participants in the actual application of the themes presented.
Healthy Relationships is a federally-funded program for all California. This organization provides relationship education to couples, parents, singles, and youth. Relaciones is one of their regional programs here in Sacramento. This program serves the Spanish-speaking community in the Sacramento area.
Partial funding is provided by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.